Life Update | The Emerald Fox: Life Update

Friday, April 21, 2017

Life Update

Within the last couple of years I've experience some pretty big life changes. The first was leaving the church that I have been raised to believe in since birth. Around the same time I experienced my first miscarriage, which lead into a true struggle with depression. When I finally started crawling my way out of the depression I made some life changes, one of the biggest was deciding to leave the career that I had actually become successful in, a cake decorator/designer.

I'm happy to say that my depression and anxiety are to a minimum, enough that I feel in control of myself. My HH (Handsome Hubby) and I have bought our first home and are now expecting our first child!! I'm feeling so much happier, but I want to point out that it was due to inward self changes and not "choosing" happiness or due to better environmental changes.

I now am working as receptionist/technician in an office environment, which I very much enjoy. My favorite part is that when I leave work I don't have to think about work till the next time I go in. I never felt that way as a decorator. 

I now have the time and energy to do things that I actually enjoy like hiking, photography and video games. I've decided that some things are more important in my life such as quality time with those I love and traveling. I've also decided that some things weren't important like toxic people and toxic work environments. 

With my personal self growth I've found my way to minimalism and zero waste. Which I feel have made my life so much easier and happier! I'm sure all my friends and family are sick of hearing about how much I love living my life this way, but hey, I'm just trying to share the love. 💚  

XOXOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment